Every Global 1000 enterprise has the ambition to transform to become a digital business. But while a majority of companies are pursuing digital ambitions, few are successful.
According to the 2018 Gartner Digital Business Survey, only 17% of enterprises have managed to reach the scaling stage of digital transformation. Most digital initiatives cannot scale in an Agile environment–Agile is the ability to create and respond to change, a way of dealing with, and ultimately succeeding in, an uncertain and turbulent business and markets.
To succeed and scale their digital business initiatives, industry analysts and technology leaders agree that CIOs need a sustainable, scalable digital business technology platform. (A platform serves or enables other products or services). A digital business technology platform is necessary to deliver and support the new digital products, customer experiences, and business models in a dynamic business and technology environment.
Beyond delivering products and experiences, the digital platform has to leverage and progressively integrate the mix of legacy IT systems and tools, with modern technologies like AI and Machine Learning, 5G networks leveraging open source software in multi-cloud hybrid environments to deliver world class customer experiences while addressing increasing regulatory compliance requirements and cyber security threats and privacy issues.
If that sounds complex, that’s because it is. Further complicating the matter for CIOs is that a sustainable digital business technology platform is not something that can be simply bought. Furthermore how does one differentiate from competition when everyone adopts the same public clouds and takes an AI First approach built on mathematical algorithms that are in the public domain?
The key to success is the deep knowledge of a specific business and industry domain that is built-into the digital platform. By specifically tailoring the platform to your unique business model creates lasting differentiation. The digital platform itself becomes your primary vehicle for delivering value.
Broadcom, as a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions is unique position to offer many of the technologies necessary to enable digital business platforms.
We have found it helpful to think of a digital business platform as consisting of several technology building blocks – sort of like layers in a wedding cake. Each layer corresponds to a desired business outcome, delivering upon which can cut across organizational boundaries. Success in digital business means that everything IT does must be to deliver a desired business outcome of their CEO or LOB – the digital business platform provides the visibility and capabilities to ensure this alignment between IT and business outcomes by providing a collection of business and technology capabilities that other products or services consume to deliver their own business capabilities and also enable associated business ecosystems by exposing to partners with in those ecosystems via APIs.
- Security and Privacy is an assumed component of digital success, because protecting from cyber threats, customers data and meeting regulatory compliance is an essential component of creating digital trust for any digital business.
- Connect and integrate traditional and digital business and technologies. Established organizations cannot simply abandon their existing businesses, nor can they do a wholesale upgrade of their technology systems. With the right digital platform, these organizations can connect both digital and non-digital business and use the combination as a competitive advantage.
- Value stream management ensures your business strategy is connected to your execution in agile software development environment teams, so that more investments can be shifted towards digital innovation— business owners and product managers/owners, CIO’s, developers & QA, and operations managers can get a holistic view into business planning and KPI’s & analytics, helping them collaborate effectively to reduce waste and focus on only work that delivers value to the customer and the business
- Innovation and Agility at scale is key to succeeding at digital because you need to be able to respond rapidly to shifting market demands or competition. Business agility for an enterprise, is speed without compromising quality, security, privacy and be compliant with regulatory requirements. Your digital platform should enable development teams to rapidly innovate, and just as rapidly change direction.
- Transforming Customer Experience is the top layer of the cake for a digital business platform, as organizations need to have an obsessive focus on delivering compelling customer experiences. A digital platform must ensure consistent experience and performance in a omni-channel environment with continuous feedback loops and proactive data driven, AI based automation.
The most important component of a digital platform is an AI-driven automation engine, an intelligent system that enables the flow of data across all these layers, which is basically across an enterprise’s infrastructure- from apps to IOT devices, whether it’s generated by employees or users, to back-end multi cloud systems and services, where it’s translated into strategic insight and business decisions, which are then automated for self remediation with proactive actions.
At Broadcom, we refer to this AI-driven engine as automation.ai, which powers the entirety of your digital business technology platform. Automation.ai is open, built on world’s leading open source technologies used in enterprises such as Elasticsearch, Apache Spark Machine Learning, and algorithms developed and trained using extensive digital business data from the world’s largest enterprises.
Automation.ai is already at work in Broadcom’s AIOps and Mainframe Operational Intelligence solutions We began our journey towards automation.ai through the pioneering launch of our AIOps platform which ingests and stores a wide range of data sets and data types, including topological data, alarm metrics, log files, configuration management databases and more. These different, disparate data sets are normalized and correlated using our patented machine learning algorithms. Through this correlation, your teams can intelligently identify the true cause of issues and automatically remediate them, rather than simply tracking symptoms.
We are now extending this to other aspects of the digital business (business planning to agile management, continuous testing, devops lifecycle to IT operations combined with security and privacy)
Bookmark our automation.ai site and stay tuned for updates to come in the next few weeks.